Friday, April 3, 2009

Scrabble

I love the game Scrabble. I have been playing since I was a kid. I have fond memories of scrabble games with my Dad on Thanksgiving Day while dinner was cooking. My Dad taught me how to play. He was tough. He always played to win. He challenged my words if he didn't think I knew what they meant.
I was 14 the first time I beat him. I don't know who was more excited-me for winning or him because I beat him. I had to call my mother at work to tell her. She was excited too. After that first win, he seemed to let up on me. He realized I was a pretty good player and he didn't feel the need to challenge my words. After that, I won more often. If I lost it wasn't by much. It was like we were equals on the playing field. I really appreciated that-still do.
I've played with Maggie but she isn't really into the game. She's a suduko whiz. I bought a game for the computer but it got scratched up. No one knows how.
The other day there was a commercial on TV for free scrabble on Pogo. I checked it out and now I'm hooked. I play 4 or 5 games a day. I always play the computer but I guess I should venture into the game rooms and play head to head with some other Scrabble geek. I am on the advanced level and I haven't lost in the last 20 games.
Check out pogo.com/scrabble if you want to give it a shot but I'm warning you-it is addictive.

No comments: