Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Quiet Time

I'm on vacation this week and next. I haven't had 2 weeks in a row in years, if ever. I had originally planned to travel to Massachusetts to visit friends and family but as usual, finances just wouldn't allow it at this time. Instead we are staying home and doing things around the area.
Old Fashion Days start Thursday and of course that is always fun. We have several titles to defend including watermelon eating titles! We are heading to Erie, PA to go to Waldameer-a combination water and amusement park. Closer and much cheaper than Cedar Point. We might even venture up to Presque-Isle and check out the science center that just opened a couple of years ago.
What I have been enjoying the last few days is the quiet time I have before people start getting up. I have never really been one to sleep in. 7-8 AM is actually late for me. I have gotten by for so many years on broken sleep that when I sleep 5-6 hours straight, it is wonderous. When I get up I have my coffee and watch news, or play on the computer or read the paper. Sometimes Don is up but most of the time my only companion is Socks, the 7 week old kitten. He doesn't pay to much attention to me but he is entertainment for me!
I'm usually up late-11 or midnight but I'm tired. Being up at 5 or 6AM is enjoyable because I'm refreshed and semi-ready to start my day. I could probably find something more productive to do than Facebook or watch the news (or Spongebob if he's on!) But really, it's not what I get done during that quiet time, it's the enjoyment of the time that really matters!

1 comment:

Her Harlequin said...

tough to beat Spongebob. If you start your day grumpy after watching Spongebob, then there is just no hope for you!!