Sunday, February 1, 2009

Clean Sweep

Did you ever see the show on TLC called Clean Sweep? It is where a family has an organizer and a designer and carpenter organize and clean up their clutter. They show the rooms before they are cleaned up. The organizer asks them what they want to use the room for and why do they have so much clutter, etc.
I really like the show and I always shook my head when I saw some of those rooms. I always knew that I was messy but not like those people. Boy was I ever wrong. 2008 was a tough year for a lot of people and that includes us. We had to down size our space but that's OK. The problem was all of the crap that has accumulated and followed us. It's mostly clothes but also other stupid things that you hate to part with because you never know when you might need it again. Well, yesterday I reclaimed my living room! When I got up this morning and walked into the living room I didn't have to step over or on or around anything! My compter mouse actually has full range of the mouse pad!
The girls and I cleaned, wiped and tossed a bunch of stuff. We now only have shoes in the shoe box that fit and have matches. My rocking chair is now available for rocking!
We have other rooms to do and Don needs to hit his kitchen but it is certainly a wonderful feeling to know that it can be done. The girls didn't like giving up their Saturday but they were happy when it was done. It's easier when we all work together. They are already fighting over what chores they want to do-in a manner of speaking. They all want to spray the windex and clean the window but still no takers for the litter box! Since I spent nearly an hour removing a sock from the vacuum cleaner, I guess I'll do all of the vacuuming. The girls say that Don sucked up the sock so he's not allowed to vacuum either. It broke his heart.

1 comment:

On A Windy Night said...

I love the show Clean Sweep! TLC sometimes shows marathons of the episodes, and after each one I am inspired to clean... but maybe not until the next episode is finished!