Monday, July 21, 2008

HHH

I remember when I was a kid watching the weather on the six o'clock news. This was before doppler radar and computers. This was in the good old days of weathermen using markers and actually writing on the maps. Anyways, one of the things they wrote on the board in big capital letters was HHH-Hazy, Hot and Humid. Well, that's the only way to decribe things around here. The sun comes out a little but it is really humid and then the thunderstorms roll in. After it stops raining it heats up again and then the whole thing starts again. I guess that's what you call summer weather here on the North Coast.
I start my vacation on Saturday. This is going to be a long week at work. Friday I get to learn how to write the produce order then I go on vacation. That wasn't timed very well.
I'm not sure what I am doing on my vacation. Old Fashion Days start on the Thursday of my vacation. Fried dough and sausage sandwiches! Well, one piece of fried dough. They have live bands there all day and every night. They also have bed races, horseshoes, cornhole and of course watermelon eating. The girls will miss the watermelon contest because Allie's end of season softball party is on Sat. the 2nd. Allie usually wins or comes in 2nd for that. She also does very well in the greased pole climbing contest. Last year she just missed reaching the top. The prize is $20. We'll have to see what time all of this stuff starts. I know Allie wants to win that money

No comments: