Wednesday, July 23, 2008

School Shopping

School shopping has started. Walmart has had school supplies out for a couple of weeks. I have been picking up things a little at a time. Crayola crayons are only 22 cents a box. I bought 10 boxes. Notebooks are a nickle a piece. Allie needs 6 and Chrissy needs 3 so I bought 9. Maggie doesn't need spiral notebooks this year. She did need a black and white composition notebook so I paid 50 cents for one. I'll get the other stuff a little at a time over the next couple of weeks. I'm on vacation next week so we will do haircuts and sort through clothes. The girls start school on Aug. 25th. I know that we still have a month but I try to get this stuff now so we aren't dropping a couple hundred buck on Aug. 24th!! Since they start so early I can usually get clothes off the clearance rack. They need shorts and capris, etc. Allie and Chrissy already have sneakers to start school with-again off the clearance rack at Walmart. Chrissy's might not fit yet though. They are a size 1. If they don't fit now they will fit around Christmas time when she usually needs a new pair. I try not to pay full price for anything. Some may call me cheap. I say in this economic downturn, I am a careful consumer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All right..! Well, I already shopped at WalMart and got some school supplies.