Thursday, July 10, 2008

Softball Finale

We are one win from the championship. Last night Allie's team beat the last place team 22-2 and the team that is or was hot on our tail 14-0. I had to work so the only part of the game I saw was our team getting the final 2 outs with the D'Abates team (2nd place). The Dairy Queen team has only won 1 game all year.
Tonight we play Kilty (4th place) and we finish against Dairy Queen. Since D'Abates plays only 1 game tonight we really only have to win 1 game. But, our team is on a roll and I'm sure we will take them both. Allie has played very well this season. She has made major improvements in all areas. She wants to play again next year. Coach Tom is looking forward to having most of this team back again next year. I want Allie to play with Tom again, not because he is a winning coach but because he really teaches these kids about the game and how to play as a team. Everyone contributes to the game. Everyone sits an inning if we have an extra player and not the same kids every game.
I am glad my girls are into softball. Even Maggie wants to try it next year. She says it looks like fun!!

No comments: