Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rain Again

Well it is raining again. Allie's games were cancelled again. We are playing doubleheaders Wednesday and Thursday. I don't think this season will ever end. We are still in 1st place by 1/2 game. We can wrap it up tomorrow night if we play well.
Allie has one more piano lesson next week. Her scholarship was for 6 lessons. Today her teacher said she was going to continue Allie's lessons for the rest of the summer for FREE. I am really excited. Allie, not so much but she is willing to continue. In the fall her teacher and I will discuss future lessons. She is really impressed with how well Allie understands the music theory portion of her lessons. The actual playing is coming along too. Right now she is practicing Ode to Joy.
She will probably play flute in elementary school band. I have a free flute lined up. The school librarian told me she had one at home that was her daughter's. I could have it if I wanted it. I called Allie and asked her if she wanted to play flute. She said sure. I told her that she can always change instruments in a few years if she wanted to try something different.

1 comment:

Her Harlequin said...

I am told that anyone who learns to play the piano can also learn any other instrument. Then Allie could join Mary & Nikki as the family flutists!