Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Vacation Blues

Well I am on vacation this week and I haven't accomplished anything. I'm not at work so that is a good thing. I have done some laundry but I haven't made a dent in the huge backlog that I have. Parts of the house are cleaned or were. Now it looks the same as before. I did get the lawn cut and the girls pulled some weeds. Yesterday I spent the day at the VA with Don. He had a dentist appointment. He lost a filling a couple of weeks ago. It was a filling they put in. He said they should just pull it but you know dentists. The want to save all of your teeth. Of course it is a wisdom tooth and they had to drill pretty deep in order to fill it. Yesterday they looked at it and took x-rays. The dentist (not the same one that filled it before) couldn't understand why it was filled. She said they should have just pulled it. Go figure. Anyways, they didn't pull it yesterday. That requires another appointment. He couldn't make it before we left yesterday. Today the dental clinic called to make the appointment!!

I need to motivate myself to get the downstairs cleaned. People will be coming over to watch the parade tomorrow so I will need to have the stuff downstairs done so I won't be embarrassed if they have to use the bathroom. It is the story of my life. Things usually get done when there is a time limit. I just wish they would stay done for longer than 5 seconds!!

No comments: