Saturday, August 9, 2008

Calculators

Yesterday the girls and I finished school supply shopping. Maggie needed a new scientific calculator. She doesn't know what happened to the one she had last year. I am not happy about that. In the letter I got from the middle school, it was suggested I might buy her a graphing calculator for her Algebra 1 class. Are you kidding me?! Do you really think I am going to spend over $100 for a calculator for my 12 year old? We weren't allowed to use calculators in school. The $15 dollar calculator that I bought her says it is good for middle school math including algebra and geometry. That's what we will stick with. When she gets into algebra 2 and physics then I'll get her the graphing calculator but for now, she can use the middle school one. It kills me to pay $15 for a calculator when I can go to Dollar Tree and get on for a buck. Oh well, only the semi-best for my baby!!

A couple of friends of mine dropped off some clothes for the girls. I always say yes if asked if I want handme downs. With three girls, the clothes are bound to fit one of them. Allie hit the jackpot this time. She got some really nice shirts. Maggie did OK too. My girls like hand me downs. It doesn't bother them at all. I try to pass on stuff from my girls but usually by the time Chrissy is done with them, they aren't worth passing on. Allie is actually hardest on clothes. She plays harder than the other two, especially when she was little.
I'll have to get socks and underwear for everyone and probably some new shorts. When you start school on the 25th of August, you have to wear summer things. Chrissy is on the second floor and it is always hot up there. Shortsleeves all year for her but she'll keep a sweatshirt just in case. That's what the other two did.

No comments: