Saturday, August 16, 2008

Night Out

I spent last night at the American Legion Post and a great time. I dropped the girls at Tyler and Tessa's for the sleepover. Cheryl said they were up until midnight-except for Maggie. She's always the first to crash.
Anyways, after I dropped off the girls, we went to the post. Don was the cook for the night. The Steak Fry is a pretty good deal. For $11, you get a delmonico steak, baked potato, salad and veggie. They also have chicken, ribs, burgers and salmon. I sat with some friends and at various times I headed out to the cookhouse where Don was working. The Post had a DJ for enterainment. He was great. He played all kinds of music and any requests.
After I ate I just sat and listened to music. We danced and sang along. Don came out after he was finished cooking. It was a good time.
I still woke up at 7AM. Boy, I wish I could sleep in.
Cheryl will drop the girls off later. I guess the kids still have things to do after breakfast. I have to get ready for work. That will be my last Friday night out for a while. Football starts next Friday night. I usually take the girls to the home games. This year I am part of the Blue Team. The Post provides a color guard for all of the home games. This year I am in it. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: