Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Mary

Happy Birthday to my Mary. I remember I was in Alabama in the Army when you were born. Your Mom called and said she was on the way to the hospital. It was very early in the morning. I waited around all day for a call. Late that night I called Nannie. She said your Mom was home and no baby. The next night Grampy called and said you had arrived. Your name was Mary Elizabeth. I was excited but I thought your name was going to be Mary Eileen. I talked to Nannie later and she said your name was Mary Eileen and you were the prettiest baby in the world.
A couple of days later your Mom called and yelled at me. Evidently she had given birth to me or should I say you with my personality and good looks.
I talked to you all of the time while I was in Alabama.Your Mom would hold the phone for you while I talked. You were almost three weeks old before I got to see you. It was worth the wait.
When I had my Maggie, you and you Mom were the first to come visit. She looked like you. She still does.
Anyways, have a wonderful birthday.
(I didn't call you Mamie this time!!)

No comments: