Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Concert 2

The 7th and 8th grade band concerts were tonight. They sounded terrific. Each grade played about 5 selections. I was really impressed with Maggie's 7th grade band. They have made big improvements since last spring and I thought they sounded good then!

Next Monday is Allie's show. She is singing with the 5th grade, the 5th grade chorus and playing the recorder and bells. Wow! Not all at once mind you. She will accompany the recorders on her bells for 2 songs I think and play her recorder with with the whole group.
Today she had piano lessons. Mrs. Reese is trying to teach her as many Christmas songs as she can over these past couple of weeks. Next week is the last lesson before Christmas break. her teacher says there will be a recital in the spring. I can't wait.

1 comment:

HerMajesty00 said...

Band geeks! I wish you guys lived closer so I could see their performances.....