Friday, December 19, 2008

It's A Wrap!

I did it. I have all of my presents wrapped. I am very proud of myself. I usually find myself wrapping on Christmas Eve in my bedroom on an unmade bed with cats and the dog trying to help. One year I spent a small fortune on gift bags because I didn't want to wrap. I reused the bags the following year but then they were lost in the flood so I had to go back to wrapping them.
Don't get me wrong, I really don't mind wrapping presents. I have been wrapping gifts since I was 4 or 5 years old. My Dad used to send me to my room with paper, tape and scissors to wrap my Mom's presents. I wrapped more appliances than you can imagine. (Appliances were outlawed the year he bought her an electric pressure cooker!) I felt important wrapping her gifts. God knows what they looked like. I'm sure I thought I wrapped like a pro. Evidently my father thought I was a better gift wrapper than he was or he wouldn't have given me such an important job! Right??
Anyways, mark Christmas 2008 as the year that the wrapping was done early.

No comments: