Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Magpie

I got a letter in the mail today from Mr. Baffer-Maggie's social studies teacher. He said she was a wonderful student and set an example for other students. He talked about her manners and personality and her positive attitude. He said it made for a satisfying and rewarding experience for him as a teacher this year.
Maggie adores Mr. Baffer. She says he's cool. I have had several conferences with him and while I find him to be very energetic and a teacher that enjoys his work. He's been teaching for nearly 35 years. I'm not sure what is cool about him but then again, I'm not 12. Mr. Baffer also calls Maggie Magpie. Only Don and I call her that and then we better not do it when anyone else is around. Mr. Baffer started calling her that on his own. She didn't tell him that only her Dad calls her that. He said I should be proud of her and believe me, I AM!!

1 comment:

Her Harlequin said...

We are ALL proud of her - she is a wonderful child.
But of course, what else would you expect of a daughter born of a Hanlon woman and a father named "Don".