Thursday, June 19, 2008

Softball Disaster

Cold and chilly here today. It is only in the 50's right now and it isn't really going to get warmer. It was cool last night on the softball fields. Chrissy had a doubleheader. She looked good out there. I guess they won both games. She said they did. Allie's team looked terrible. They beat themselves. They lost track of outs when they were in the field. They were throwing the ball around. They also like to try and tag runners out instead of throwing to the bases for force outs. Several time they tagged the runner only to then drop the ball!! I remember the one rule all of my coaches taught me about playing in the field: Everytime a batter steps in always ask yourself "If the ball is hit to me, where am I going to throw it?" I've told Allie that and some of the players on the team too. Their coach has told them too. Oh well. We dropped from tied for 1st to 3rd. The highlight of the game was Julie's homerun. It was a tremendous shot to deep center. The centerfielder had backed up but not far enough.

1 comment:

Her Harlequin said...

wait until they are old enough for the dropped-3rd-strike rule. we won a game last night when I screamed at Nikki to run (meaning from the batters box to 1st base due to a strike 3 passed ball) and the girl on 3rd thought I meant her - so she ran home, slid, scored much to EVERYBODYS surprize (especially her dad who was coaching 3rd base). I won't waste our time telling you about how many times we had no clue where to throw the ball, which had us behind in the score to begin with.