Thursday, November 27, 2008

Dinner

We just finished a wonderful dinner. Dessert will have to wait. Don and the girls made turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and homemade gravy. We also had fresh greenbeans with bacon, yams cooked with fresh cranberries and pure maplesyrup.(a recipe from Goodhousekeeping Magazine). My contribution was the brown and serve rolls.(I bought them today and Allie put them in the oven!) Don made a bunch of pies yesterday. We have a pumpkin cream pie in the fridge but it will have to wait until later. We are all pretty stuffed!
The store was pretty dead. Once John and I put stuff out, we didn't have to refill. I have my order mostly written for tomorrow. John went home 2 hours early. I think they paid out more in wages than they took in.
All in all it was a nice Thanksgiving.