Saturday, November 22, 2008

Productive Saturday

Well, for a snowy and cold Saturday, today was my most productive day off in quite a while. I went to lunch with Tracy and it was really good. I should have had something different than what I did have(cheeseburger, fries and onionrings) but I did drink iced tea with splenda instead of coke. The large coffee from Dunkies was totally unneccessary but really good.
After I got home I started with the crap in the living room. I sorted clothes and threw away stuff that didn't fit anyone, no one ever wears or stained beyond ever being clean again. The livingroom has been vacuumed although I broke the belt (darn) and rearranged the music room. Actually the music room is a corner of the living room but it had to rearranged so the love seat could be moved away from the heating vent. It is a smaller area but still room enough for Allie to practice her piano and leave her bells set up. Maggie parks her trumpet there on the weekends as it usually stays in school throughout the week. The kids get marked down if they leave their instrument at school over the weekend. Then the band director knows for sure that they didn't practice!
The girls were actually pretty helpful. I put their music on and they usually get stuff done. Done isn't crazy about music in the background. He would rather have the TV on. However, when the TV was on, no one was moving. They were caught up in the show. I changed back to music! Don has a roast in the oven and he just finished puting together a shelving unit for the girls so I let him turn his shows on.
I am on a break right now but after dinner I'll be heading into the girls' room. When I'm in the mood I can get things done!

No comments: