Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Results Part1

Well, it looks like Barak Obama will be our next President. As I write this he is leading in electoral votes by a pretty good margin. I am tired and coming down with a cold but I'm still watching the returns. I will now shut off the TV and go to sleep. There will be a new president when I get up at 4:30. The official power handoff doesn't actually take place until January. Unlike a number of countries in the world, our change in leaders will be smooth. They will be no military coup bringing in a new leader. The tanks will not be rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue. Oh, I'm sure there are many people who aren't happy with Obama becoming President. They will watch and critique his every word and deed. If McCain were to be elected, a different group of people would be unhappy. This is the United States of America. Today's vote expressed the feelings and ideas of the miilions that make up this great country.

No comments: