Sunday, November 16, 2008

Third Grade Reading Books

As my third and last child has completed the first term of third grade, a series of books has raised it's snotty head in my home again. Captain Underpants is back.
Maggie brought home Captain Underpants back in third grade. I always read the books that Maggie was reading. I wanted to see what they were like. Not this one. The name of the book was something like Captain Underpants vs. Professor Poopy Pants. Sorry, I don't read books with the word "poopy" in them. Some of the other characters are Super Diaper Baby, Wicked Wedgie Woman and my favorite, Bionic Booger Boy.
I really thought that they wouldn't go through that "nasty nine year old stage". You know what I mean. The stage where the mere mention of burp or fart brings on fits of laughter. I have girls. My theory was that nine year old boys are the nastiest creatures on Earth. My children have proven me wrong. Girls can be pretty gross themselves. Maybe because you don't expect it from them.
Now my #3 is entering that stage. Although I haven't heard or "smelled" anything, the presence of Captain Underpants on my coffee table is the first sign. Although she just turned 8, she is in the third grade. She also has the right audience (her sisters).
I survived the first two, I guess I'll get through this one too!

No comments: