Friday, May 16, 2008

Lack of Pedal Power

Well, I'm dying. I rode my bike to work yesterday. The ride there was O.K. I made it in plenty of time. I was very proud of myself. When it came time to go home, I knew it would be a tougher. I was tired but I knew I would get home. Well, half way home the pedal came off!! That's right, the pedal came off. I tried to put it back on but it wouldn't stay on. I ended up walking home pushing the bike. I walked a mile!! I was really angry and frustrated. I called Don and he asked me if I wanted him to walk down to meet me. I yelled at him and said no. He sent Maggie to meet me and she pushed the bike home. Don tried to fix it today but the screw on the pedal is stripped so I have to bring it back this weekend. It is suppose to rain all weekend so I probably would be driving anyways but I'm just frustrated that my plans of riding are on the backburner for now.
My feet are just killing me. I can hardly walk. It made for a long day at work today. Tonight I'm taking motrin and putting my feet up. I don't have to be to work until noon tomorrow so hopefully my poor feet will stop screaming at me. I guess I'm not really dying. I guess I'll live to ride another day. I just wish my feet would stop yelling at me.
Mileage: rode 4 miles
walk 1 mile
total 5.5miles.