Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Part 2

Today is Mother's Day. It started at 5:30 am when the alarm went off. I had to work. The girls slept in the living room so Don could get them up early to make me breakfast in bed. Don made me coffee and woke the girls. Maggie and Chrissy got up and made me Toast Cups with Eggs and strawberries. Allie didn't even move. Allie is not a morning person except Christmas morning. Then she is the first one up!
My breakfast was wonderful. I went to work and it was the usual busy Sunday except for the lines at the Floral Department. When I came home I was met by a smiling and well rested Allie (she woke up @ 9). She helped Don bake me a cake-marble of course. We had chicken and mashed potatoes, corn and biscuits. It was wonderful. Of course, if you take the time to make me something, I'll always appreciate it. The girls decorated the top of the cake with icing pens. It looks like tie-dye when it's done. It's their favorite way to decorate a cake. If you stick the ends of the pens into the cake, the inside is tie-dyed too! Mother's Day 2008 was perfect.

1 comment: